How to make a deposit
Follow the step-by-step guide below to help you make a deposit on Smarkets:
- Click your balance and then select deposit.
- Once on the deposit screen select a payment method.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your deposit.
Limits and fees
Check the payment methods page for our fees, options and limits.
Adding a deposit limit
Many customers find it useful to set a deposit limit on their account. This can be completed on your settings page.
What to do if you can’t deposit
If you are unable to make a deposit it could be related to one of the following issues:
- You have not completed your Smarkets account email verification.
- You're making the payment in a different country to where your card is registered.
- Your billing address is different to the address registered to your Smarkets account.
- You have used your card too many times in the last 12 hours.
- Your bank has blocked the payment as a security measure.
- You have insufficient funds in your bank/e-wallet account.
- Your Skrill or Neteller account needs to be verified.
- The deposit limit has been reached for one transaction.
If you're not sure which issue has caused your deposit to fail, please contact our support team and we'll be happy to help.