Documents required to verify your account
When verifying your account you may be asked to provide documentation to verify your age and address. The list of documents we accept is below.
You can use the following documents as proof of ID:
- Driving license with photo
- National Identity card
Note: We cannot use the same document to verify your ID as the one you provide to verify your address.
If you don't possess a photo ID, we will request the following:
- A birth certificate.
- Front of the bank card used to deposit into your Smarkets account,
showing the first 6 and last 4 digits of the card number.
- Recent bank statement displaying the transaction into your Smarkets
- A second proof of address document. This can be a utility bill, tax
bill, council tax bill or residential certificate.
You can use the following documents as proof of address:
- Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement (dated within the last 3 months)
- Utility bill (dated within the last 3 months)
- Local authority tax bill/council tax bill (current year)
- Tax bill (current year)
- Residency certificate issued by local government authority (dated within the last 3 months)
Note: We can accept paper documents and PDF documents. We cannot accept screenshots of online documents. We do not accept mobile phone bills.
If you do not have a statement or utility bill, please request a copy from your bank or utility provider. Alternatively, you can request a bank statement to be printed at your local branch or you can download a PDF version of your bank statement from your online banking account.
Things to know before you upload
When uploading proof of ID
Ensure that your ID is fully visible and front-facing, do not have it at an angle where parts of it are cut off.
When uploading proof of address
Ensure that your document is fully visible and front-facing, do not have it at an angle where parts of it are cut off.