Self-exclusion from Smarkets
If you need to take a break from gambling, we offer a self-exclusion option which allows you to prevent yourself from accessing your Smarkets account for a definite or indefinite period of time should you no longer wish to bet.
It is not possible to reopen your account during the term of the self-exclusion. You also have the possibility to exclude yourself immediately from our account for 24 hours. However, you can increase the term of your self-exclusion at any time and the increase will take effect immediately after it is received. A self-exclusion will remain in force at the expiry of the term of the self-exclusion unless you take steps to re-activate your account (a one day cooling off period will apply).
Smarkets will not accept a bet from you contrary to an exclusion set by you under this regulation.
Note: If you are considering self-exclusion, you may wish to register with Spelpaus. Spelpaus is a free service that enables you to self- exclude from all online gambling companies licensed in Sweden. To find out more and to sign up with Spelpaus please visit https://www.spelpaus.se/.
How to self-exclude from Smarkets
- You can self-exclude from Smarkets by logging into your Smarkets account and clicking on the settings tab.
- From here click on the ‘Limits’ page.
- Scroll down the page until you see the 'Self-Exclusion' section. From here you can select the duration you wish to self-exclude for.
Note: For exclusions above five years, or to permanently self-exclude, please contact our customer support team.
Once you have self-excluded we recommend the following next steps:
- Seek further advice from a recognised problem gambling agency during this period.
- Install software that blocks access to internet gambling websites.
- “Unlike” and/or “un-follow” all gambling related social media accounts.
Withdrawing an Active Balance
- During the time you are self excluded, you will be prevented from accessing the site. This means you will not be able to login, deposit, or wager any existing balances. Withdrawals can still be processed by contacting our Customer Service team, through the channels available here.
- Provided we have successfully verified your account, we will then proceed to confirm any available balance and process the withdrawal through the approved payment methods.